Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2010 Inkys Shortlist

The 2010 Inkys Shortlist was announced this morning, and the following are the 10 books up for either the Golden Inky (Australian title) or Silver Inky (international title):
  • Going Bovine, by Libba Bray
  • Swerve, by Phillip Gwyne
  • Raw Blue, by Kirsty Eagar
  • Liar, by Justine Larbalestier
  • Guardian of the Dead, by Karen Healey
  • Leviathan, by Scott Westerfeld
  • Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater
  • The Sky is Everywhere, by Jandy Nelson
  • Stolen, by Lucy Christopher
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by David Levithan & John Green
The winner is voted for online by young adult readers and teenagers themselves (ends about mid-November), so I think it is a pretty accurate representation of what teens like to read. I admit I have only read a few of these, so I must add them to my already teetering tower of 'will get round to it' books. The Inkys are not selected for popularity or 'message', but by quality, diversity and readability. I love them! I can't wait to see who wins. Inside a Dog (website that runs them) is a treasure as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment